Site Meter

Choose your own adventure

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Aug 19

* A year ago today I started back at the U with excitement and anticipation. Today I start back for my final semester with a sense of dread. I know what it's going to take to make it through the next 16 weeks and I'm so not looking forward to it. Believe you me I'm working on changing my attitude. B/c holy heck if I don't, the next four months will be absolutely miserable.

* Vacation was nice. A little stressful AND way too long (1200 miles too long) but we saw areas of the state that are drop down gorgeous. the days were a balmy 80 and nights dipped into the low 50's. It was divine. We daydreamed and also fought over who can afford to live in the area (idiotic to fight but we had been stuck in the car with each other for 1200 miles - You have to know at some point the crap is going to hit the fan) Houses less than a thousand square feet sell for 1.2 MILLION dollars. You can't fit a family in something that small.
For the record - boyfriend was dead set on it being dot.com millionaires and celebrities. I voted for work-from-anywhere tech employees, doctors, and obviously Realtors.

Next up - a post about the boyfriend's shirt. For whatever reason the older ladies love his (non)P*E*T*A shirt. To the point we had one southern belle chasing us down main street yelling "P*ETA man...Mr P*ETA man.....where y'all get that shirt?"

*Celebrated a friends birthday tonight. I hummed and hawed about going to his dinner. But decided to suck up my selfishness and go. (its the night before school and all I really wanted to do was lay low) But this is the same friend that has offered to host my graduation party as well as be our dd for a wedding next weekend. I couldn't not go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter