Site Meter

Choose your own adventure

Sunday, April 22, 2007

I've been here long enough to know.....

So awhile ago I wrote about how the ladies in the transfer office of the U were incorrect in their initial decision. And feeling so distraught over their bitchy attitude toward students, they sent a "we're sorry"card to every enrolled student.

Do you remember? No neither do I. What I do remember is turning in an appeal (2 classes at a previous quarter system university to count as one class at a semester university) and the mean, old, spiteful, cows at the front desk telling me "well this isn't going to work" and "I don't know about this. You're wanting a photography class to count toward your art requirement. Hmmmm. I don't think so" Complete with looks of "you students are so stupid, I've been working here since I completed high school in 1940. There's no way this is going to work, so don't even bother trying."

And then me, in tears, b/c good gravy lady I've been in school long enough and I know that I've taken the necessary requirements and this appeal, complete with 1998 syllabus and a perfectly punctuated appeal letter, will be approved. I just handed it back to her and said "well I'd at least like to turn it in" walked away and then watched from 10 feet away as they affirmed their belief that my appeal wasn't going to be approved by talking about it LOUDLY. (Seriously I could care less what you think of me. But if you're going to talk about me, wait until I've at least left the building. )


On Friday I received the appeal notification in the mail. It was APPROVED.

Take that you lazy cows.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerri Ann said...

I've never left a University Administration building unless I was in tears, curing or both. Honestly, I think it is in their job description. So glad to see you won that little bit.

7:41 PM, April 22, 2007  
Blogger Kate said...

Awh another soul who has experienced their wrath! And if this is the Jerri I think it is (from cracknlife?) it's good to know it spreads all the way down south. I'm thinking they all attend a mandatory "bitch" training.

It took all the restraint I had to not walk in there and tell them I told you so! (That and i'm not 12 any more)

How's life with the new daycare biz?

5:02 PM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Robin said...

Good for you! You persisted and won! I'm a firm believer in never giving up.

9:20 PM, April 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter