Site Meter

Choose your own adventure

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

These guys are no Michael Scott**

I’ve worked for a whole gamut of bosses; from passive/aggressive wieners who snuck unauthorized one-sided yearly reviews into my HR file to power hungry-chip-on-my-shoulder women who glared me down every time I spoke up or asked questions.

And so when I switched jobs back in Feb, I braced myself for the worst but holy hannah I got the best.

Yesterday when the snow started coming down and I was up north working with the old b*ookkeeper at the c*hurch, I decided I wouldn’t drive back to the office. You look at me funny but where I live, without fail, during the first big snow storm of the year people forget how to drive in the snow. If possible it’s best to just avoid it. So when 4:45 showed on the clock, I justified it by telling myself traveling in that kind of weather across town would be ridiculous (geez! am I really 31 or did I turn 67 overnight?). So I headed home and forgot to call the office. Oops!

Boss #2 called me later that evening to see if I was okay. Threatening/joking to call the search and rescue if I didn’t return his call, he was worried b/c I had mentioned coming back to the office and b/c it was late he was concerned something had happened to me.

Seriously – could it get any better?


** For those of you living under a rock (or without television) Micheal is the boss on the hit, very hilarious, show “The Office”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter