Site Meter

Choose your own adventure

Sunday, November 26, 2006

I'm all over the place in this one

Awhile back one of my bosses sent me an email asking if I’d be up for doing the book*keeping work for his c*hurch. I must have been on crack when I accepted b/c I somehow forgot that starting on Dec 1 corresponds with the end of the semester at school, finals, all the year end financials that go along with my current job as well as figuring out the year end for the c*hurch. Whoa!! Truth be told - putting myself through school on a part time salary and student loans has been stressful and the extra money I’ll make from the part time job will be nice. (Bonus – I’ll be able to work from home. In my pajamas. Could I want for more?) (extra Bonus – one of the founding CPA’s of a large local firm attends said c*hurch. A possible in to working at his firm after I graduate)

My bosses (who are both superb) keep haggling me to stay on after graduation and I have yet to give them a yes or no. I usually give a “just keeping my options open” answer. I’d love to continue working with them, but the job doesn’t entail all that I could do with my degree. So to stay on b/c I like whom I work for is appealing but being able to broaden my experiences and do more with my degree is also enticing. Time will tell. They’ve even offered me a position of working part time (with benefits) for them with the availability of being able to bring on my own clients.

Thanksgiving was not good. But I hope yours was! My stepfather can make a holiday a horror story in 5 seconds. And I’m sad to report that he lived up to his reputation again this year. The icing was when he started yelling racial remarks at the football players on TV Thursday night (in front of the entire extended family). Then had the nerve to tell my mom she made a derogatory comment when she questioned if our server (at my grandma’s retirement home) ground the coffee beans. Yes he's a bitter, old, hateful moron.

However the highlight of the Thanksgiving weekend was receiving acupuncture from my cousin, a world-renowned acupuncturist. Seriously, he is. I swear. Would I lie to you? He works with the local NFL team as well as many US Olympians and local triathletes. So when I mentioned that my knee was sore, he offered up services. Right there, in my grandma’s house. The humiliating part (brought on by myself) was when the whole family (including uncles, grandma and my very own mother) “wanted to see it ” and I agreed to let them in. Hey what’s family if they can’t see you lying face down, shirt pulled up, bra unhooked with a bunch of needles in your back. Right now you’re saying something like “what’s she doing on her stomach if it was her knee that hurt?” And I’d say “he had already done the work on the knee and was now helping me with getting my chi and energy aligned, released, something like that ” To quote my college campus acquaintances “It was really cool.” The boyfriend is already sick of hearing me joke “well you know, my acupuncturist says…..” Pictures to follow..


Summer has inspired me to try T-tapp. I’ll be posting the results periodically once I get the book and figure it all out. I’ll still continue the three times a week morning workouts at the gym so it’ll be interesting to combine the two and see the results. I gotta do something as I turned 30 and noticed a slower metabolism. I turned 31 and I’m pretty sure my metabolism hasn’t yet returned from its extended vacation. (Should I even be questioning or wondering about this? See 11/6 entry. We're a family of food forgivers) I’ve noticed some weight just hanging out around my stomach. Acceptable perhaps if I’ve had kids. Not so much since I haven’t yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter