Site Meter

Choose your own adventure

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Misc. 1

It's snowing outside. Finally! They're predicting more of it tonight and only a high of 38 tomorrow. And with this cold that invaded my body Sunday night and has since then taken up what feels like permanent residence, I’ll be spending tomorrow curled up on the couch watching the snow fall and drinking copious amounts of green tea. I went in to work after school this afternoon, lasted a measly 3.5 hours before giving up and coming home. But I felt validated when everyone I spoke with said “oh you even sound horrible”. At least this way they know I’m not faking it when I call in sick tomorrow.

Speaking of work – we’re having a Halloween party and I’ve no clue as to what to dress up as. I’ll have to ask my teaching friends. All teach K-6, so they’re bound to have great ideas and resources. The sales guy I share an office with suggested we go together as Raggedy Ann and Andy. Until we looked up on the internet and discovered how much stuff we’d have to buy and the time it would take. Call us lazy, but we’re also practical.

What else? My grandma is, temporarily, in a nursing home. She’s had problems with her high blood pressure, suffered through some tough nose bleeds, lost a ton of blood, spent a week in the hospital and subsequently lost a lot of her muscle tone. So she’s being rehabilitated in a nursing home for a few weeks. I hope and pray its not a permanent move. But I’m also smart enough to know that it could be. Breaks my heart to think about it. So instead I sent her flowers wishing her a speedy recovery and to get well soon. Nothing like complete denial to make me feel better.

My birthday came and went. Did a 5k run that morning for the college homecoming weekend, watched the parade, ate a ton of food and drank great margaritas in the middle of the day. Spent the evening at dinner with friends. It was low key and nice. I couldn’t ask for more.

This cold and I have been battling each other since 6am. It’s time to hit the bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter