Site Meter

Choose your own adventure

Friday, November 03, 2006

Thank you Veterans!

National A*merican University is running a tv ad where they’re promoting tuition discounts to military vets. For those of you who don’t know (or haven’t seen the horribly annoying commercials) NAU is a “regionally credited career college” specializing in such careers as medical billing/coding and vet assistants. This commercial always strikes me as odd. B/c are they serious? A military vet 1) usually learns a career/skill in the military that is worthy of big bucks in the real world (mechanics, aviation, nurse, sniper shooting* etc) and 2) most military vets that I’ve met or know personally are go-getters who excel above and beyond the rest of us.

And besides -exactly what is “regionally credited career college”? If you get certified to do medically billing in Montana, does that mean you can’t do it in Arizona? I’m totally confused.


It only seems fitting to end this by reminding you that next Saturday is Veteran’s day. Please, please, please take a moment out of your day to thank a veteran for all they’ve done for us! Last year I met a WWII vet that left me in tears with his stories. Several years before that I met another WWII vet that cried when I thanked him for his service. Those men and women, despite your beliefs on the current war, deserve our gratitude!

* My nephew just entered the Marines with the intent to become a sniper. (I suppose the mob is always looking for contract employees) Seriously; what is my uncle doing with those kids?. Apparently he’s raising smart ones too – my other nephew just graduated college in 3 ½ years with a double major.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter