Site Meter

Choose your own adventure

Friday, July 14, 2006

The summer itch

Is it just me or is this summer taking its own sweet time in getting to September? I'm not, nor have I ever been, a fan of summer. So I tend to say "is it over yet?" every year.

Bear with me...

Last summer coincided with the months leading up to my 30th birthday. In honor of it I ran a 1/2 marathon (LOVED it, yeah I'm one of "those people"), climbed a 14,000 foot mountain with my boyfriend and road tripped across the country. It was a fantastic summer.

Knowing we had something planned in xx amount of days helped break down the summer to segments, which in turn helped the summer fly by.

The following winter months were spent skiing every other weekend. We were on a roll and loving it. But summer came around this year and surprised us both.

him "it's summer"
me "how'd that happen, didn't we just climb"
him "uhm, no that was last year"
me "the whole talking me down from the ledge when I was too freaked to continue, that was cool" ( remind me to tell you that story.)
us "crap we better figure out something to do"

We didn't have anything planned. I'm in class 40 days this summer so trying to coordinate something around that has been difficult. So we've spent many a weekend mountain biking. Which is nice and fun and adventurous (and TOTALLY dangerous if you ask my mom) but we're wanting to get out and do SOMETHING, go SOMEWHERE.

I'm done with classes in 15 days. 15 DAYS.

The countdown is on!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

6:00 PM, July 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter