Site Meter

Choose your own adventure

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Saturday

As a teenager and young 20-something I never wanted people to know when I stayed home on Friday and Saturday nights. I mean, geez my life would be ruined if people knew that I reveled in 20/20 and 48 hours mystery and didn’t really enjoy the bar/nightclub scene. Wouldn’t it? No? Where were you when I was 19? Huh? But I’m posting this entry on a Saturday night, so clearly I’ve outgrown the whole “what will people think of me” paranoia.

The boyfriend is out looking at mtn property in hopes of buying some and building his dream home. He asked earlier if I wanted to go along but seeing that it’s 100+ outside today and I didn’t really have any desire to spend hours bottled up in a truck looking at property, I said no thanks. Instead I chose to spend the day holed up in my house with the air conditioner on high. I haven’t ventured outside since 10:30 this morning. And it’s been nice. The muffin maker (see previous entry) and I are getting well acquainted. I LOVE IT and would suggest you go buy one now too. It doesn’t heat up the house like the oven does and produces lovely, wonderfully tasting, muffins in 12 minutes. Perfecto!


I spoke with my boss the other week regarding moving off the main floor. He looked at me like I was smoking crack. “you want to move off the main floor, away from people?” He’s a sales guy and a people lover, never one to sit at home alone he craves the attention of other people and loves the constant go-go-go and of the hustle and bustle. It took some talking but I got my point across. Later on he told me “I’ll do whatever it takes to keep you” and then in the same breath threatened to make me sign a contract so that I can’t just walk away in a year when I graduate. What can I say - it’s really nice to be wanted.

Next weekend I’m running a 5k with a friend who has never done one. She set out a few months ago with a goal in mind and by golly she’s accomplishing it. I haven’t run much since May, but I figure my friend isn’t much of a runner, so I know she’ll probably jog it. Plus it’s only 3 miles and I’ve never had a problem with that distance. I’m really looking forward to experiencing her “first run” with her. It’s like experiencing Christmas through the eyes of a child. Running a race with someone who’s never done one is always a blast!

Regarding comments – I’d love to hear from you. However blogspot was getting inundated with spam so I had to flip on the moderator. I opened up my email one morning and there were 20 some messages. I was all excited till I realized what they were. To the person who likes my color scheme and to the other person (or same) who wrote that I have great content and pictures – I’m flattered but I don’t think you meant to post that here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter