Site Meter

Choose your own adventure

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Parents

Shortly before finding out what the ex was doing with his best friend's wife, he told me he wanted to split up. I, like most other people in that situation, bawled like a baby, begged him to reconsider, promised him I'd change, and bawled like a baby. Oops did I say that twice? Well that's because I spent the majority of time crying.

I cried my eyes out for a few weeks till I found out exactly what was going on. While at work one morning I broke into his email account and discovered pages of emails from and to her. My heart fell into the pit of my stomach, my jaw flew open and my eyes filled with tears. I confronted him, he denied it and told me "it's not what you think". Upon furthur questioning he never could tell me what it was. Even a year later he still couldn't tell me. I'm guessing his lying, cheating, self couldn't think of a lie big enough to pass that one off..

I called friends, I cried and eventually I got up the nerve to call my mother. I love the woman dearly but.... her sensitive side is a little rough. During that phone call I told her that the ex had requested we split up and that I thought he was cheating on me. (at this point I still wanted to believe him when he said "it's not what you think") I cried, she did her best to comfort me but after a few minutes she said "well I need to go, Grandma and L*** are here. They're going to get suspicious if I stay on the phone too long".

And with that she was gone. And I went back to the fetal position in the corner of the living room.

A few months later I called to tell her I was moving out of state and to ask if she would fly out and help me drive the U-haul. Her response

"well I'm working the summer job and I don't know if I can find anyone to cover for me".

I was pissed. I'm her ONLY daughter going through a separation/divorce and she doesn't want to help me b/c she
doesn't think she can find anyone to work her crappy summer job?? In her place she sent $600 to cover the cost of the U-haul. .

After I moved, I spent a week with her and my stepdad. My stepdad, never one to miss out on giving advice, and knowing I was a week away from leaving my marriage, looked me straight in the eye and said

"you know, if a man isn't getting satisfied sexually he's going to look elsewhere."

Yes he did say that. TO MY FACE.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

6:00 PM, July 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter